Re: installating Oracle 7 on SCO Open Server v. 5.0

From: Jeremiah Lydia <jeremiah_at_iglou.com>
Date: 1998/01/18

In article <69nmc3$892_at_mogan.cc.metu.edu.tr>, "Cem YaĆ¾in" <cyasin_at_tr-net.net.tr> wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>I am trying to install oracle 7 on Sco Open Server v. 5.0. During
>installation I get an error like 'can not copy
>/tmp/wgslink/plsql/mesg/plscs.msg to
>/usr1/oracle7/server/plsql/mesg/plscs.msg'. After selecting retry three
>times, I get this error 'memory fault - core dumped'. Installation continues
>but after the installation oracle does not work.
>Any comments?
>Thanks.

Check the preceeding errors in the "/usr1/oracle7/orainst/install.log" file. Post any errors that displayed before the one you mentioned.

I found errors in Oracle's installation script which prevented me from installation. Let me know if you have any "...file not found errors" or any "cannot copy ..." messages.

--
God bless,

Jeremiah Lydia,  CEO -  JLTech  [U.S.A.]
Louisville, KY 40299    e-mail:jeremiah_at_iglou.com
< Faith: The bridge from this world to the next >