Re: help: SCO UNIX Workgroup Server install script fails

From: Jeremiah Lydia <jeremiah_at_iglou.com>
Date: 1998/01/18

In article <34BBD4B4.725F2AA9_at_delanet.com>, scottj_at_delanet.com wrote:
>I just received my Oracle Alliance Value Pack starter kit
>full of CD's. I'm installing Oracle7 Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2.0
>for SCO Open Server UNIX. I have the latest SCO (5.0.4)
>
>I login as Oracle7, su root, mount the CD, as listed in the
>installation 'task 1', I run 'wgstart' which builds links in
>/tmp then abruptly crashes with:
>
>cp: cannot access /tmp/wgs-ows.ora: No such file or directory (error 2)
>../wgstart.sh: /orainst: does not exist
>
>Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any ideas for workarounds?
>
>Thanks,
>Scott

I had to modify one of Oracle's installation scripts to get mine installed. I can't tell from the above if this is your problem or not, my guess is that you are experiencing the same problem.

To be sure browse the "install.log" file located in the directory where you told the installation program would be ORACLE_HOME.

The path to the log file would be $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/install.log.

If you see an error relating to the "maid_SCO32_...", let me know and I'll post my fix.

--
God bless,

Jeremiah Lydia,  CEO -  JLTech  [U.S.A.]
Louisville, KY 40299    e-mail:jeremiah_at_iglou.com
< Faith: The bridge from this world to the next >