Forms 4.5: date format mask, debug mode

From: Shannon Finney & Thomas Judge <sfinney_at_idir.net>
Date: 1998/01/16

Hi,
Two quick questions: 1. in forms 3.0, a date field with a format mask of
"MM/DD/YY" could be filled in by the user either typing "12/13/98" or
"121398" (no "/"). Under forms 4.5, even though some of the oracle
documentation indicates that this functionality is supposed to be the same, the users must type the slashes. Our users are not very happy about this "enhancement". Any suggestions?
2. Also in forms 4.5 :to be able to use the break command (view global variables, etc) I am told that (this is on an AIX platform) that I must use both f45gen and f45run with the debug=yes option. However, even if I do this, at the f45run command I receive the error FRM-41838: must use the debugger-enabled executable. (error number and text are from memory - may not be exactly right, but that is the essence of the message). Any ideas here?

Thanks,
Thomas Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST