Re: Selecting from a column hich has a restricted heading

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

>| I need to execute the following simple select statement:
>|
>| select size from v$type_size
>|
>| But because SIZE is a SQL reserved word it will not allow me to do so,

Where are you gettin size from anyway
SQL> desc v$type_size

 Name                            Null?    Type
 ------------------------------- -------- ----
 COMPONENT                                VARCHAR2(8)
 TYPE                                     VARCHAR2(8)
 DESCRIPTION                              VARCHAR2(32)
 TYPE_SIZE                                NUMBER

So it's SELECT type_size fro v$type_size

John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.
4300 West Tropicana Blvd LVO-UPL