Re: How to add seconds to a DATE ?

From: Grue <grue_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

You only have two format models for inserting values in seconds, using the TO_DATE function:

SS - second (0-59)
SSSSS - seconds past midnight (0-86399)

So you could do TO_DATE(seconds, 'SS') or TO_DATE(seconds,'SSSSS').

I don't know if this solves your particular problem, however. Are you wanting to enter a complete date in seconds?!! Well, to begin with, you'd have to have some reference date from which to start. Surely that's not what you need to do!

On 15 Jan 1998 16:00:18 GMT, "Penalva Jean-Christophe" <jean-christophe.penalva_at_cnusc.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i have a colum of DATE type. I'd like to add to this column a value in
>seconds for example.
>
> I know it's a so silly question, but perhaps i'm silly ??!! :-)
>
> PLEASE HELP ME.
>
>mailto:jean-christophe.penalva_at_cnusc.fr

Grue Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST