Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- why bother?

From: David Williams <djw_at_smooth1.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/15

In article <69ktg4$bae$1_at_foehn.dirnet.com>, martin.spott_at_notexistent.org writes
>In comp.os.linux.development.apps M Sweger <mikesw_at_dhp.com> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps all they need is some encouragement. Has anybody been
>> able to run Sybase or Informix on Linux without any problems?
>[...]
>
>Sybase is known _not_ to work.
>
>Martin.
>--

> martin "at" quickstep "punkt" dirnet "punkt" com

  Ha! Check the primary site for the Informix FAQ below,

  I just ran Informix SE 7.10 and SQL 6.02+4GL 6.02 at home last night!

--
David Williams

Maintainer of the Informix FAQ
 Primary site (Beta Version)  http://www.smooth1.demon.co.uk
 Official site                http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html

I see you standin', Standin' on your own, It's such a lonely place for you, For
you to be If you need a shoulder, Or if you need a friend, I'll be here
standing, Until the bitter end...
So don't chastise me Or think I, I mean you harm...
All I ever wanted Was for you To know that I care