Question if you know ora_debug?

From: LeidaD <leidad_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

Does anyone know how to use oradebug?
I need to have the capability to take a look at a Multi threaded server process and determine what sql code is running at the time. I have gone to the oracle web site and cannot find anything pretaining to debugging on the server. Does anyone have any ideas?
We have ORACLE 7.1.6 on an HP-UX v 10.01. Other then upgrade to ORACLE 7.3.3 I have tried everything. I've used HP tools: glance and top. I've been running oracle scripts to see who is logged into the database and possibly see who is a heavy user when glance tells me the CPU is at 100% utilization. Also, I've been running scripts to check the highwater mark. I've been looking a sar files, on the HP to get a trend of high CPU usage. This is fine, but it does not tell me anything specific. It does show the server processes are extremely busy on s000 and s001,but the other servers a total of 20 are barely touched. What is happening in those processes when glance tells me s000 is using 165 IO's / second and the CPU is 100% utilization. What type of sql code is occuring then.
I am going to stop here.. I would appreciate any opinions from this.

Regards,
Leida W. Dougherty
Database admin. Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST