Re: Problem: nested table of references

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 18:33:15 -0500, myName <myName_at_myCompany.com> wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>I have some problems to access the object behind a reference, stored in
>a nested table. Any suggestion would be realy appreciated!

[snap]

>select deref(t) from the (select vals from logRecTable where id = 1) t
> *

Try select deref(t.column_value)

>ORA-00904: invalid column name
>
>and trying to access the reference via OCIIter results in an invalid
>val_ref.
>
>The interesting thing is, that counting the # of references works
>perfect, but I can't use them!
>
>Christian

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST