Re: OO4O&VB5 DBCombo, Check Boxes,... problem.

From: Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de>
Date: 1998/01/13

stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca wrote:

> I am developping a system where I am using Visual Basic 5 (32-bit) to
> access an Oracle database in a server NT. I have used OO4O(Oracle Objects
> for OLE version 2.1) 32 bits.
>
> 1-How can I have the error number for a OLE, if I print err I will always
> have 440 but the err.Description is good, I want to have this error
> number: ORA-12547, what is the command? Example ORA-00001
>
> 2- Both Check Boxes from Microsoft do not work with Oracle data control?
> I tried data type VARCHAR2(3) and NUMBER without result.
>
> 3- DBCombo from Microsoft doesn't work with Oracle data control?
>
> 4- DBGRID: How to cancel BEFOREUPDATE event and still see all entered
> values? How can I validate data in DBGrid when I go from one record to
> another and between columns? How to force users to enter values in
> mandatory fields?
>
> Thanks for help :)
> mail : stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca

Hi Stephane,

sometimes it seems that looking into the books isn't always bad.

  1. investigate 'Error'-variable
  2. The predecessors of VB5-controls had 'validate' and 'reposition'-events (db-control) or 'rowchange' (truegrid). Since I don't work with VB5 I don't know wether the names changed. To force users to fill mandatory fields you can also operate with 'setfocus'-events. -- Regards

Matthias Gresz :-) Received on Tue Jan 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST