Re: OO4O&VB5 DBCombo, Check Boxes,... problem.

From: Mark Wagoner <mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net>
Date: 1998/01/13

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 04:03:13 -0600, stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca wrote:

>I am developping a system where I am using Visual Basic 5 (32-bit) to
>access an Oracle database in a server NT. I have used OO4O(Oracle Objects
>for OLE version 2.1) 32 bits.
>
>1-How can I have the error number for a OLE, if I print err I will always
>have 440 but the err.Description is good, I want to have this error
>number: ORA-12547, what is the command? Example ORA-00001

Check the Database.LastServerErr and .LastServerErrText properties. You should check these anyway because it is possible for OO4O to report an error but the Err object not raise one.

>2- Both Check Boxes from Microsoft do not work with Oracle data control?
>I tried data type VARCHAR2(3) and NUMBER without result.

Never tried this. Can't help you.

>3- DBCombo from Microsoft doesn't work with Oracle data control?

It is supposed to. You may need to get the latest version of OO4O (2.2.1). I generally avoid the data control (either Oracle's or MS') like the plague. Too slow and restrictive

>4- DBGRID: How to cancel BEFOREUPDATE event and still see all entered
>values? How can I validate data in DBGrid when I go from one record to
>another and between columns? How to force users to enter values in
>mandatory fields?

See above.

>Thanks for help :)
>mail : stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca

Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address