OO4O&VB5 DBCombo, Check Boxes,... problem.

From: <stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca>
Date: 1998/01/13

I am developping a system where I am using Visual Basic 5 (32-bit) to access an Oracle database in a server NT. I have used OO4O(Oracle Objects for OLE version 2.1) 32 bits.

1-How can I have the error number for a OLE, if I print err I will always have 440 but the err.Description is good, I want to have this error number: ORA-12547, what is the command? Example ORA-00001

2- Both Check Boxes from Microsoft do not work with Oracle data control? I tried data type VARCHAR2(3) and NUMBER without result.

3- DBCombo from Microsoft doesn't work with Oracle data control?

4- DBGRID: How to cancel BEFOREUPDATE event and still see all entered values? How can I validate data in DBGrid when I go from one record to another and between columns? How to force users to enter values in mandatory fields?

Thanks for help :)
mail : stephane.nolet_at_dsd.canadair.ca