Re: Calling PL/SQL Agent

From: Cliff Saunders <csaunder_at_za01.mck.co.za>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hi Helmut

Thankyou for the answer.(Sorry for the late reply) Few questions though...

  1. There is two DCD's that get created withg SETUP of the WEB Server. OWA_DBA and OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE. When one creates your test hello world package do you use the user id /password for the OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE DCD ???
  2. Further the OWA packages we created them using internal then created public synonyms for them... do these packages need to be installed for the OWA_DEFAULT_SERVICE userid as well??
  3. How does one use the URL to point to the PL/SQL Agent. ? Using tr/owa ?? which is the default setup???

Thank you in advance

Cliff

Helmut Pasch <pasch_at_werum.de> wrote in article <34B4904D.97BE747D_at_werum.de>...
> Step1: Create a DAD pointing to your ORACLE_SID or via SQL*Net to your
> oracle instance.
>
> Step2: Create a new PL/SQL-Agent using your new DAD.
> Be sure your Agent can install the packages necessary for the
> Web Application Server. If you could not load the packages
 then
> your DAD isn't configured right.
>
> Your agent may look like this
> Agent name "test"
> Virtual Path by default from Oracle looks like
> "test/plsql"
>
> Step3: Change the authorization to "per_package" authorization. Don't ask
> me why but otherwise nothing worked in my environment.
> You can do this by changing one line in the OWA_INIT package.
> File: privinit.sql.
> change to:
> owa_sec.set_authorization(OWA_SEC.PER_PACKAGE);
>
> Reload or change the OWA_INIT package by reloading the
> package.
>
> Step4: Be sure you have an authorization function in your example package
 like
> this.
>
> Package:
> FUNCTION authorize RETURN boolean;
>
> Package Body:
> FUNCTION authorize RETURN boolean
> AS
> BEGIN
> return TRUE;
> END authorize;
>
> You may change this later but for a first try this is the
 simple