Re: How to descrease size of System Tablespace?

From: Don Turnbull <dturnbul_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

As a follow on to Mr. Barnes, you can export and import using exp and imp for just hte system space. If you set the compress parameter in the export parameters file, that should resize the tables in the space. I do not know if it will resize the space however.

Another (though a lot more risky) possibility is to export the system space, re-create the database, import the system tablespace data. You will probably have to re-define all of the structures before re-importing the data (control files, redo logs, and data files) using the re-use parameter on file names. I do not offer any warrenty on this idea and openly say that it is VERY dangerous so that the usual backup rule applies!

Good luck,

                -dt

Doug Barnes <"NOSPAM> wrote in message <69d8h1$f8_at_ux1005.rell.com>...
>Heinz Waldherr wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

... lots of removed material... Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST