How to descrease size of System Tablespace?

From: Heinz Waldherr <HWaldherr_at_mediavest.de>
Date: 1998/01/12

Hi,

I have to reorganize an Oracle 7.3 database.

The problem is thatup to now all tables have been stored in the System tablespace.
Therefore it has grown to the extent of 2.6 GB. Although I have moved all the stuff to other tabelspaces now, and there are only the SYS and SYSTEM related stuff left,
I still can't resize the datafile ('file contains xxx blocks of data beyond requested RESIZE value'). Which seems a bit odd, as there's only 15 MB of data left.

Anybody knows an easy way to get a normal SYSTEM file and tablespace? Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST