Re: Error on Table Creation ORA-01658

From: Ken Friday <ken_friday_at_pleasantco.com>
Date: 1998/01/12

Miquel,

"oerr" a unix utility for looking up Oracle error msg on my HP indicates:

oerr ora 1658 01658, 00000, "unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace %s"

// *Cause:  Failed to find sufficient contiguous space to allocate INITIAL
//          extent for segment being created.
// *Action: Use ALTER TABLESPACE ADD DATAFILE to add additional space to
the
//          tablespace or retry with a smaller value for INITIAL

Hope this helps.
Ken F.
M.Puig <mpuig_at_redestb.es> wrote in article <69d915$o9b$1_at_talia.mad.ibernet.es>...