Re: Improving CGI/ODBC/Oracle8 Performance

From: Roy Smith <roy_at_popmail.med.nyu.edu>
Date: 1998/01/12

Sean Black <zoot_at_mcs.net> wrote:
> It appears that the vast majority
> of that time is spent in making the connection from the application to
> Oracle8--once connected, the queries seem to execute very quickly.

I don't understand why, but we've seen exactly the same thing. Database logins take *forever*, and the query itself takes almost no time.

The obvious answer is some sort of persitant intermediary process, which connects once to the database and hangs around waiting to serve CGI requests. Received on Mon Jan 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST