Re: Can ORACLE (any version on down) run under Win95?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/01/12

The brief answer is yes.

The long answer is that Oracle put out several versions that will run on Windows 95. I know that you used to be able to buy them on CD-ROMS from the oracle store (www.oracle.com) and that at least two versions appeared as CD-ROMS in books about Oracle. I don't know if the books are still in print, but the ones I have are:

Hipsley, Paul "Develop Client/Server Applications with Oracle Developer/2000",1996, Sams Publishing Indianapolis IN

Lockman, David "Developing Personal Oracle 7 Applications", 1995, Sams Publishing Indianapolis IN

several authors, "Oracle Unleashed", Sams Publishing Indianapolis IN (this is my personal favorite).

Hope this is value

Jerry