Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- why bother?

From: Bjorn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>
Date: 1998/01/12

[hagan_at_cih-gw.cih.com (Craig I. Hagan)]

| either oracle, or us, makes available a set of precompiled
| goodies for oracle/SCO for running under linux e.g. php.cgi,
| oraperl, etc. This makes it much more livable to have
| no working dev libs.

actually, having working development libaries would be more interesting than having the actual database because I'd like to be able to create apps that run on Linux and access Oracle on other computers. (if they too run Linux and Oracle, that'll be great).

-Bjørn

--
 Bjørn Borud <borud_at_guardian.no>       | "The Net interprets censorship
 <URL:http://www.pvv.unit.no/~borud/>  | as damage and routes around it."