Re: Cannot access Oracle 7.2 database via VB app.

From: cyan <cyan_at_physics.phy.uab.edu>
Date: 1998/01/09

Rod Falanga wrote:

> We've got a VB5 application, which accesses both a MS SQL Server database
> and an Oracle 7.2 database on a SUN workstation. Recently, we've been
> unable to access the Oracle database via the VB app. We've tried loading
> the newest ODBC drivers, without success. In fact, when we do, we get an
> error message saying that we need to have some of the Oracle Tools loaded in
> order to complete the installation of the ODBC drivers?!
>
> Why? What's the problem? What do we do about it?
>
> Rod
> --
> Rod Falanga

1. ping oracle server host

2. check tns.ora and sqlnet.ora , usually under /orawin/admin/network

   or /orawin95/admin/network, should be same configuration with host    side.

3. listern.ora in server side to see if listener configuration correct.

4. if all above correct.

   remove /orawin or /orawin95 and remove path \orwin statement in autoexec.bat then reinstall sqlnet, use nettest to check the oracle server is up and runing.

5. once the server is up and runing, you can install odbc driver

6. use vb application

hope this help

scott yu programmer/analyst pemco aeroplex inc. Received on Fri Jan 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST