Re: Weird! select * _AND_ large recordsize 'hangs' connection???

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1998/01/09

As a first thought, the size of even one row in your large table may be bigger than the buffer allocated for returned values - Also, you could use a monitor program to watch the RDBMS and see what's happening when the query is executing... This may help narrow down the 'location' of the problem.

Just a thought ( or a reasonable facsimilie of one)

Reply to : john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us