Re: P.O. Lite Install/Config Question

From: Joel Garry <joelga_at_pebble.ml.org>
Date: 1998/01/09

In article <01bd1b57$70c4eae0$d7043e0a_at_pc123-cchbg.neurope.ikea.com>, joachim Carlsson <joachim.carlsson_at_neurope.ikea.com> wrote:
>Seems like you don't have the SQLNET installed.
>
>I'm not using the POL. But i would sugest that you download the full
>personal oracle it installed without any problem at home. Suppose you don't
>get the sqlnet and other necessary thing in POL ??
>
>Regards
>/Joachim
>
>Timothy W. Saffell <TimSaff_at_IBM.Net> wrote in article
><34AA6E72.5F26_at_IBM.Net>...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm just learning Oracle, so go easy on me, please.
>>
>> I have just downloaded the P.O. Lite from the Oracle web site, but there
>> is probably something (Hahaha) that I don't know about setting it up.
>>
>> I have a standalone PC, Win95+SP#1. It has TCP/IP for a SLIP connection
>> to my ISP. I am attempting to use POLite, though, with local databases
>> only.
>>
>> When I click on the PL/SQL Plus icon, enter PO7 and PO7 (or DEMO and
>> DEMO, same result), I get the ORA-03121 message, "no interface
>> driver..."

You may need to manually edit the tnsnames.ora file and change the port setting under the PROTOCOL=tcp to the one your database has in /etc/services, if not 1521.

--
These opinions are my own and not necessarily those of Information Quest
jgarry@eiq.com                           http://www.informationquest.com