Re: What to do with archived redo-logs ?

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/01/09

In article <6960d9$1g7$1_at_interport.net>, Cheng-Jih Chen <cjc_at_interport.net> writes
>>> 1) You need to do a cold backup after you have restarted archivelog
>>> mode.
>>
>>Why ?
>>Why shouldn't I do a normal (Online backup) backup ?
>
>Not sure. I was under the impression a hot backup should be sufficient
>in this case.

I should say I'm not a DBA, but I think perhaps "1)" should read "*before* you restart archivelog mode".
I guess all the DBAs will tear me to shreds now. Ho hum. Steve

--
"The floggings will continue until morale improves."