Re: Newbie question: How to check for a tables existence in a smart (fast) way ??

From: Brad Murray <BradMurray_at_SeeSignatureIfThere.com>
Date: 1998/01/08

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.misc and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <6935n9$nrp_at_info.telenor.no>, jorgen.hauikland_at_fou.telenor.no said...

> I'm working on an application and need to create some tables if they don't
> already exists - sometimes they do. I've tried to find a smart SQL statement
> but i end up with something that lists smaller or larger parts of the table.
> This is no good solution because this table can occasionally be quite large
> (50 - 60 MB). I need a statement that don't do any searching in the table,
> just sees if it's there.

Just search for its existence in the Accessible_Columns view.

 Bradley S. Murray Princeton Computer Consulting (609) 730-9100  BradMurray(-at-)usa.net Pennington, NJ 08534-3612 Fax: 275-5651 Received on Thu Jan 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST