How to update long attrib from a trigger?

From: Robert Augustyn <augustyn_at_unn.unisys.com>
Date: 1998/01/08

This is what I am trying to do.
I have 2 tables ( identical ) which are defined as :

 Name                                Null?            Type
 ENTRYID                          NOT NULL     VARCHAR2(15)
 C536870918                                          LONG

Now I need to update second if first gets updated. I tried to do it directly inside the trigger on first - no go, update t2 set C536870918 := new.C536870918 where entryid = :new.entryid; it returns 06502 error
I tried to use procedure inside the trigger to do that but it returned the same error when I passed long attrib to a procedure. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
robert Received on Thu Jan 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST