Re: ORA-12546: TNS:permission denied

From: fred krimmelbein <fred_krimmelbein_at_sabre.com>
Date: 1998/01/07

Try setting $ORACLE_HOME in your account... also make sure all of the settings in the ORACLE accounts .profile are included in yours especially anything with $ORA

For remote sites make sure they have the same information and the SID is correctly entered with the correct port. SQL-Net defaults to port 1521 while server SID's are capable of specifying any port they want.

Files to look at on the server and client tnsnames.ora and listener.ora ( server only )