Converting from Jet to ODBCDirect

From: Bill Conway <bconway_at_dsi-inc.com>
Date: 1998/01/06

I have a VB 5.0 app that we are just converting from Jet to ODBCDirect and I get a Driver Not Capable error when I try and add a new record. We are using Oracle 7.3. Here is the code:

Set rstPortfolio = daoDatabase.OpenRecordset(sSQL, dbOpenDynamic, 0, dbOptimistic)

    With rstPortfolio

.AddNew

        !Portfolio_Name = Trim(txtPortfolio.Text)

.Update
.MoveLast

    End With
When I hit the .Update, I get the error. Any ideas?

Please Reply to
bduncan_at_epsilon.com Received on Tue Jan 06 1998 - 00:00:00 CST