Re: Web Apllication Server 3.0 causing Database server to hang

From: Mike Albright <albrigm_at_psd.k12.co.us>
Date: 1998/01/06

We experienced similar problems with our NT WAS/Oracle Database server and finally narrowed the problem down to the way we performed our upgrade. None of the Oracle documentation mentions this but we had to:

Another thing Oracle forgets to mention is that on NT any edits made to the Listener can only be done after the Listener has been stopped. Once changes are made, restart the Listener. As it turns out that's where our problems began.

Hope it helps!

Mike Albright, Oracle Guy                        albrigm(at)psd.k12.co.us
Information Systems
Poudre School District, Fort Collins, CO