Re: Developer 2000 on NT to SUN

From: Daniel D Arrasjid <daniel_at_acsu.buffalo.edu>
Date: 1998/01/06

Mike Iuliano - MSE wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a server 7.3.3 running on solaris 2.5 with the listener running.
> Can I buy developer 2000 for NT and write applications that use TCP/IP
> to connect from the NT box(s) to the sun server?

With Developer/2000 you can design applications to run on a variety of platforms. However,
you'll need to compile/generate a platform specific file(.fmx for Forms). Keep in mind
that what an application looks like under NT may look different on another platform
(Motif on UNIX). These applications should be able to use any Oracle server on your
network as long as you have the correct sqlnet drivers.

> Can I use developer 2000 on sun and create applications that run on NT?

Yes, but as I mentioned before. The user interface may require some tweaking,and you'll need to acquire the developer runtime software for the target platform(sun).