ODBC connect of 7.2/7.3 with Oracle8 drivers

From: allen lucas <alucus_at_concentric.net>
Date: 1998/01/05

I am in the middle of evaluating the upgrade path to Oracle 8.0.3 on NT 4.0 for our shop. We currently have a few Access apps which attach ORACLE tables via ODBC drivers. The ORACLE tables belong to various instances ranging from 7.2.2.4.9 thru 7.3.3.0.0.

On the test machine, which runs NT 4.0 and Oracle 8.0.3, I have created an Access app and attempted to attach Oracle 7.2-7.3 tables with no luck. I believe I have the TNSNAMES set up correctly because I can execute a ODBCTST80 against the target instance. The error message returning states I have a conformance error 7751.

Now, I am truing to attach tothe oracle 7.2-7.3 tables with the oracle 8 ODBC drivers. Is this correct. Do I still need the old Oracle7.1 drivers? If so, how can I add the drivers. The ODBC Data Source Administrator for 8.0 will no longer allow me to add a ODBC driver and I cannot find a ODBC setup program.

Thanks for any help you can give. I am sure this has been tackled by someone since Oracle 8 appeared.

\\||// The ballparks have gotten too crowded. / \ That's why nobody goes to see the game anymore." []--[] Yogi Berra NY Yankees @ /\ @ {----} ^^ alucus_at_concentric.net