Re: PO7 Foreign Key???

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 1998/01/03

On Fri, 02 Jan 1998 05:40:42 GMT,
jathomps_at_atl.mindspring.com (John Thompson) wrote:

>Interestingly enough, when the tables are created in SQL, I still
>donā€™t see the foreign keys in the child table properties when I look
>at them from Oracle Navigator,

I got curious and tried this myself. Oracle Navigator would show me a foreign key defined on a SINGLE column, but it would not show me a multi-column foreign key. Even worse, the GUI design for Navigator doesn't even allow for a multi-column foreign key to be represented!

An interesting side note is that Navigator would not recognize new tables that I created until I first exited and restarted the program. I opened Navigator, looked at the table list, then opened SQL*Plus, created two tables, closed the Navigator table list, opened the Navigator table list, and did NOT see the new tables. I had to completely exit and reenter navigator in order to see the tables.

>Iā€™m beginning to wonder if this is some sort of installation glitch.

More like a design glitch<g>, which hopefully Oracle will fix someday. Received on Sat Jan 03 1998 - 00:00:00 CST