Cannot get parameterized queries to work for ORACLE

From: Andrej Gabara <anga0004_at_stud.uni-sb.de>
Date: 1998/01/02

Hi,

I'm using Delphi 2 C/S and Oracle 7.3. I'm trying to do the following:

  Query.SQL.Add('SELECT * FROM Foo');
  Query.SQL.Add('  WHERE FooId = :ID');
  Query.Prepare;

  Query.ParamByName('ID').AsString := 'Duh';   Query.Open;

Using the Oracle SQL Links driver, I get an EDBEngineError exception for the 'Query.Open' instruction. The message is something like 'Capability not supported' (I'm using the German version, and the German message is 'Operation nicht anwendbar'). Then I tried the same source on an Interbase database using the Interbase SQL Links driver, and all is well.

Why does the Oracle SQL Links driver not support such a very basic capability? Is this a bug?

I appreciate any feedback,

-Andrej

PS: I'm using Oracle SQL Links driver version 3.0 Received on Fri Jan 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST