Re: $199 NC box?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: 1998/01/02

Actually, Oracle classes aren't run with NC's. Those are standard PCs, but the box is in a separate room.

The servers were simply overloaded, (which hasn't changed since I taught my first class when I worked for Oracle :-)

"Todd Bellaver" <tbellaver_at_awdcom.com> wrote:

>I also read that someone was giving away lobotomies and amputations for
>$199.
>
>I don't mean to be facetious but why would anyone want a 'dumb terminal' in
>their house? Especially since there is nothing that you can't do with a PC
>that you can do with a NIC and there is allot you can do with a PC that you
>can't do with a NIC.
>
>Sorry, $199 is not worth the regret I would feel for having to re-purchase
>the same functionality in a computer that I can use in a practical world.
>
>Oh, by the way, for those of us that have taken Oracle classes that used
>similar technology. How many times was your class delayed because of
>Oracle's network? As a veteran of over to 5 classes, I would have to say at
>least once every class with an average of two to three times.
>
>Steve Levy <"s.levy_at_erols.com"@erols.com> wrote in message
><685ffv$mbt$1_at_winter.news.erols.com>...
>>I saw on FOX (TV) an ad for an Oracle network computer box.
>>$199. Anyone seen one in real life? Does it work?

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Fri Jan 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST