Database Triggers Question

From: Alan D. Mills <alanm_at_uk.europe.mcd.mot.com>
Date: 1997/12/30

I can create triggers for events (insert, update, delete) for each record of a particular table in order to perform record level auditing.

I have, for each table, three separate triggers, one for each action and the code is very similar in each. In fact, i's identical except the value inserted into the audit table that states that it is an insert, update or a delete taking place.

I would like to combine these triggers into one trigger which fires on any of insert, update and delete. I know the syntax for this but is there anyway from within the trigger to identify the action that fired the trigger so that I could dynamically insert the value 'INSERT', 'UPDATE' or 'DELETE' into my audit table as appropriate.

Any help appreciated.

Alan D> Mills Received on Tue Dec 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST