Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: <bengel_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: 1997/12/30

In comp.os.linux.development.system Kristian Koehntopp <kris_at_koehntopp.de> wrote:
> The migration process will have a similar impact on Linux as the
> transition from a.out to ELF (new library has many new features,

aha, more disk space wasted, more memory wasted, slower system ? hmmpf. how happy we are :-(.

> old applications will still require the old library installed
> and loaded, selection between libraries is automatic, some
> people will inevitable ruin their system when upgrading by
> destroying critical system libraries and so on).

so, the glibc can be installed together with the old version ? e.g. it's installable on current systems ?

(how long do I need a.out and elf on the system hmmpf)

--
Grobbebol's Home                 |      Don't give in to spammers.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~bengel     |     Use your real e-mail address