Re: Crystal Reports v6 design problem

From: TurkBear <jvgreco_at_pop.primenet.com>
Date: 1997/12/30

l"Neal Gran" <neal_at_anisoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to sumarize a formula field in a crystal report (v 6). I have
>a table which contains order lines. This table specifies the order number,
>product id, and the quantity ordered. I have a second table which contains
>delivery info which is a child of the order line table. This table
>specifies the order number, product id, and quantity delivered, and there
>can be multiple delivery line corresponding to a single order line.
>
>My report is group first by product id and then by order number.
>
>I calculate the difference between the amount ordered and the amount
>delivered on the order number level. I have setup a formula called @open
>which has this format:
>
> {PO_DETAIL.QTY} - Sum ({PO_RECV_DETAIL.QTY}, {PO_DETAIL.PO_NO})
>
>The object of creating this formula is that I need the sum of these values
>grouped at the product ID level.
>
>So I try to set up a formula which gives this sum, but I cannot do it. I
>get an error message saying that this field cannot be summarized.
>
>Does anyone know how I should go about getting this sum on the Product ID
>level?
>
>Thanks for the help
>Neal Gran
>Anisoft Corp.
>neal_at_anisoft.com
>

>PS. Are there any other newsgroups which would be appropriate for Crystal
>Reports questions?

At the Order Number level create a summary of the 2 fields ( delivered,ordered) and place it in the Group section for Order Number.

Copy those formula field(s) and paste them in the Product ID group; This is easier than re-summarizing and Crystal will adjust the formula. Also in that group section you can now create a simple subtraction formula to get the figure you want. ( If you do not want to see the other Product ID summaries mark them as suppressed and only the formula showing the difference will be displayed.)

This is easier to do than to explain, so feel free to contact me by Email at john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us for further details or to let me know what, if anything I missed in what you need.

John Greco
Oracle DBA and Crystal 6.0 Report Developer ( sort of) MnDOT Received on Tue Dec 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CST