Re: EXECUTE HOST COMMAND FROM ORACLE7 SERVER-SIDE PL/SQL ENGINE

From: RON BALZER <BINKI7_at_WESTOL.COM>
Date: 1997/12/29

I have successfully done what you are asking by using the utl_file function in 7.3. You will need to add the following to the init.ora:

        UTL_FILE_DIR = *
After you bounce the database use the FOPEN function this allows you to create a flat file to a specified directory. This is most effective inside a database trigger.

Matthias Gresz <GreMa_at_t-online.de> wrote in article <678gaq$u0h$1_at_news00.btx.dtag.de>...