What's the network load of Smart Client?

From: Randy Witlicki <see-signature-for-addr_at_valley.net.NOSPAM>
Date: 1997/12/29

  Hello,

  I'm not a DBA, I'm a network installer, so my question comes from that perspective....
  I'm working with a site which is converting from an AS/400 to an Oracle system. They will be using the Smart Client on their PCs.

  How do I determine the amount of network bandwith that will be consumed by Smart Client ? What kinds of data go out over the wire ? Does Smart Client download entire tables to the PC ? (I'm working with a switched ethernet layout with a 100 meg fiber backbone).

  Thanks in advance for any advice or pointers to references.