HELP: DateTime problems

From: Geoffrey Callaghan <callagha_at_cs.fsu.edu>
Date: 1997/12/29

I am having a problem reconciling times between Delphi 1.0 and Oracle 7.3. Apparantly, Delphi uses a double to hold a Date/Time value, whereas Oracle only goes down to the seconds level. Occasionally, this causes two time values that should be equal to register as unequal.

Is there some way to ensure that Oracle doesn't look beyond the seconds level in a date comparison? From what I've read, it shouldn't be doing that anyway, but I've run out of ideas.

		Geoff Callaghan
		callagha_at_cs.fsu.edu