Data Types Question.

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/12/28

Hello all,

        Could anyone tells me what is the differences between data types VARCHAR2, VARCHAR and CHAR? Which data type is the best?

        And in SQLPLUS, I know that if I delete a record from the table, I need to type commit so that the record is actually delete from the table. Is there a option in SQLPLUS such that I don't need to type commit? And what will happen if I exit SQLPLUS after the delete statement?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sun Dec 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST