A question about ORACLE training.

From: BJHNSN <bjhnsn_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/12/28

Could somebody with expertise help me with a career decision, please?

I presently install DOS software for a finance company. And I have developed both VB and Access applications. I am seriously thinking about attending an ORACLE traing school, here in Atlanta. The school is offering Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5 both with Developer 2000 and either Power Builder or VB 5.0. I am thinkg about the VB 5.0.

My question is will that make me more marketable ? Will companies be willing to hire me after attending the classes? The classes are $1400 for 6 - 8 weeks. I do not want to waste my time or money, if I can not reap anything from it.

It was explained to me by a friend that ORACLE is in such high demand that employers, while they perfer people with ORACLE experience, the demand is so high that they are willing to fore go the experience requirements.

What do you think? Is it a good move ? I accept any and all opinions..... email me if you like.

Thanx....          Received on Sun Dec 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CST