Re: DEVELOPER2000 Reports 2.5 Character Mode Characters Ñ Ç ......

From: Matthias Schmueser <pu148_at_pk.she.de>
Date: 1997/12/27

ppp wrote:

> Good day from Spain, thaks for read this message , We work with Reports 2.5
> in Character Mode.
>
> We Work With Developer 2000 1.3.2 -> Reports 2.5
>
> Personal Oracle 7.3
>
> Windows 95
> If i have a report that contain fields with the character Ñ
> ESPAÑA
> or the character Ç
> CAÇA
>
> This character not print good this characters are changed with others
> specials characters .
>
> Please if you know how configurated the report for print this especials
> characters good send me a mail.
>
> If i create a document with the NOTEPAD.EXE or the EDIT.EXE with this
> characters and i send this document to te print this
> characters print good , if i create a report 2.5 with this characters this
> characters print bad.
>
> In Mode Bitmap this characters print good , bat in matricial printers is
> low speed.
>
> Thanks and advance
>
> alfa_at_edisa.es

Hi and greetings from Germany,

this is a general problem, that results of character mode output are always in the extended
Windows character set. That means the conversion to your country dependant base character
set ("DOS like") is not done automatically via the application as in bitmap mode. The other way round you have the same effect when loading your special characters in Notepad formerly generated with DOS Edit.

So, there are three workarounds:

  1. Ouput your report into FILE, convert the file (we wrote a very little program, that do this job for our german special characters) and TYPE the converted file to the printer.
  2. Ouput your report into FILE and print it via Notepad.
  3. The more comfortable way is to let your printer do this for you.

     One of our laser printers had the option to setup a character set WINDOWS in

     HP Laser Jet Emulation.

     Our line printers are set up with US-ASCII and ISO-Latin1 character set, as far as I know.

     If you need more exact information on how we set up the line printers, i will check that.

I hope this helps Received on Sat Dec 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST