Required Support Files

From: Vedula991 <vedula991_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/12/25

Hi.
Thanks for responding. I have a problem. I downloaded Personal Oracle 7.1 from the web for windows 95. It works fine. Recently I downloaded Oracle's free database designer (a 16 -bit version) from the Oracle web page. It installed fine but for me to make it work or connect to Oracle's database, I nedd to install some support files. Atleast thats what the documentation says.

Listed below is what the documentation (readme.txt for Database Designer says).

   Database Designer is a 16bit application, therefore to connect to a remote     Oracle database, you will be required to install either SQL*Net Version 1     or 2 16bit, ie \orawin.

    If you want to connect to a Personal Oracle 7 database for Windows 95, you     will need to install the Required Support Files to enable 16 bit     applications to connect to the 32bit Oracle 7. Refer to the Personal     Oracle 7 documentation for further details.

I do not know where to get these files etc. Could someone please help!!!

Thanks!!!

Naveen
Please email: vedula991_at_aol.com Received on Thu Dec 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST