Connect String for VB

From: David Wong <dphwong_at_bigpond.com>
Date: 1997/12/25

Hi All

In our office we use RS6000 and Oracle 7.3. The Oracle client installed correctly, I used SQL worksheet for log onto Oracle backend and everything is working. I can even set up ODBC and link table to an MS Access 97 MDB file. But I had problem using the following connect string within VB

"DSN=[DSN Name];UID=[Login Name];PWD=[User Password];"
"driver={Oracle73};DBQ=[ODBC Host name];UID=[Login Name];PWD=[User
Password];"

I have two errors message, one said 'Descriptor out of range', and the other 'Login failed'

Please reply to dpwong_at_teletechintl.com

Thanks in Advance

bye Received on Thu Dec 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST