Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: Benjamin Redelings I <bredelin_at_ucsd.edu>
Date: 1997/12/23

tip wrote:

> i'm not talking about the later model pci chipset motherboards
Why not?

> in the
> past two years, rather as a whole.

Why?

> as a whole, most motherboards that support linux do not support over
> 128 megs.

        OK, but so what? WHo cares about "most"? That's basically penalizing Intel for having both high-end and low-end equipment available. Who cares if there are also a lot of low-end machines... that's a different market niche. Its mostly irrelevant to the issue of high-end machines.

        The "average intel machine" is a meaningless, or at least useless, construct. (sigh) The dangers of reification... The only time I can see anyone want to talk like that is correcting some idiot manager who has beliefs about an "average intel machine".

-BenRI Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST