Local trial installation without network - HOW?

From: Dorthe Luebbert <Dorthe.B.Luebbert_at_rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: 1997/12/23

Hi all!
I am desperately trying to install the oracle 8 trial version on my PC. I have to finish a small database (my first steps in oracle) and due to the German university strike I cannot do it at our university.

 Anyhow I wonder if I can run oracle sql without a network!? I just have a single pc and whenever I try to open sql the system reports tns-server not found. Apparently oracle tries to connect via network to this server.

My question: Is it possible to run oracle without a network? (I could organize a network card, maybe this could help anyhow...)

Thanx for any tips or references...

Dorthe Received on Tue Dec 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CST