Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: Jim Zubb <jim_at_spam.sux>
Date: 1997/12/22

tip wrote:

> In article <349fcd70.425887673_at_news.mindspring.com>,
> Voytek Jarnot <vjarnot_at_mindspring.com> wrote:
> >
> > You are so full of it that it hurts me to waste the time to reply.
> >What exactly does 'most' mean to you??? Here's a breakdown of some of
> >intel's various chipsets, its the chipset that the motherboard
> >incorporates, not the motherboard itself, that limits the amount of
> >RAM.
>
> are you blind or just dumb? what does linux run on? 386, 486, pentium,
> whatever.
>
> i'm not talking about the later model pci chipset motherboards in the
> past two years, rather as a whole.
>
> as a whole, most motherboards that support linux do not support over
> 128 megs.

This has got to be the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Let me make sure Iunderstand...your saying that because most hardware that Linux can run on is too
weak to run Oracle that therefore Linux is too weak to run Oracle. Correct? OK,
whatever...

You know as a whole the majority of production automobiles cannot go faster than
about 120 MPH (guess, just an example), therefore, according to your logic no

production automobiles can go faster than 120 MPH. Wow, I better go tell all those
people that have Corvette's, Ferrari's, Porsche's, etc. that they really can't go that
fast, it is just a figment of their imagination...

--
Jim Zubb
jimz_at_ecom.net