Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: Benjamin Redelings I <bredelin_at_ucsd.edu>
Date: 1997/12/22

Err... I notice lots of people saying things like "PC hardware sucks" or talking about 128Mb memory limitations. This is ridiculous...

PPro:
Largest Cacheable Area: 4Gb

SMP:  			Can handle up to 4 Processors.
On-chip cache:		256k,512k,1024k
Mhz:			150,166,180,200

As far as motherboards go, I'd be careful before saying "there aren't any PPro that do X." For example, you might think that "there aren't any PPro motherboards with 75Mhz bus" or "there aren't any PPro motherboards with SD-RAM." You'd be wrong! They just aren't very common :)

-BenRI Received on Mon Dec 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CST