Inherit compound key

From: Ulrich Brandes <ulrich.brandes_at_technet.net>
Date: 1997/12/21

Hi,

I have the following problem while using Designer/2000:

I have two tables with a two columns compound primary key. Both tables have one key component (MANDANT) in common. I have an additional Table which should act as an intersection table between these two tables. If I try to inherit the compound keys to the intersection table I get a compound key with four columns instead of three. But I want a only three column based compound key on that intersection table, based on the fact that an insert on the intersection table should only be possible if the mandant exits in both tables. Is it possible to define a constraint for this or is it necessary to handle that situation via a program routine.

Thanks in advance...

Ulrich Received on Sun Dec 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CST