Re: native Oracle-port on Linux -- what would it take?

From: tip <tip_at_blahblah.com>
Date: 1997/12/21

there is NO WAY the pc hardware end of linux would be able to handle running oracle in any decent manner. plus its tweaking is rather limited compared to solaris and hpux. i have run oracle on both suns and hp boxes - there's just no way linux is ready (yet) for oracle.

i currently run oracle 7.2.3 on hp9000/s800/k210's running hpux 10.10 with a gig of memory each. that's alright for running oracle.

but imagine a pc with linux and a motherboard limitation of 128M, a 200Mhz processor... i don't think so...

linux is good for being a workstation, or a small server - but the heavy duty shit - better leave it to superior hardware and os's.

thanks,
- tip

--
[ =-=-= want to provide financial backing for my film? email me! -=-= ]
[ *&$*&$* tip - my evil twin is pit - mailto:tip_at_blahblah.com *&$*&$* ]