Re: DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?????

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1997/12/19

"Adam F. Kelley" <afkelley_at_southeast.net> writes:

>I am trying to figure out how to pass multiple results from a stored
>procedure to a client ODBC app.

I'm not sure I understand your application specific question, but the answer to your real question, "how do I return multiple row set", is to use explicit cursors. This is covered in all the manuals regarding pl/sql programming. An example would be:

declare
  cursor c1 is
    select * from foo;
  c1_rec c1%rowtype;
begin
  open c1;
  loop
  fetch c1 into c1_rec;
  exit when c1%notfound;
  /* process your row */
  end loop;
  close c1;
end;
/

There's plenty of different ways to manipulate explicit cursors - differnt looping mechanisms, row storage/retrievel, etc.

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Computer Consultants of America, Inc.